Lloyd Webber is working on a sequel to Phantom of the Opera
Andrew Lloyd Webber has confirmed he will not be doing another BBC One West End talent search show next year.
However, speaking to Closer magazine the composer said he would be back in 2010 to find a Dorothy to star in a production of The Wizard of Oz.
"I've been asked to do another Saturday show, but I think this year I need to give the casting show a rest," he said.
However, a BBC spokesperson said she was "not in a position to confirm" Lloyd Webber's next project.
"We look forward to working with him again in 2009."
Lloyd Webber has admitted he wants to commit fully to his sequel of The Phantom of the Opera.
"I have my own musical in Phantom two to get on with and bits and pieces to do in America, the 60-year-old said.
"There will not be another custom show with the BBC next year - [not] with me anyway. But I will do the search in 2010 to find Dorothy and possibly Toto the dog," he added.
Jodie Prenger won the role of Nancy in Oliver!
"The problem with Phantom two is I can't produce the show in full. So I can't commit to a BBC show until 2010.
"I can't just do them - I need to be involved in producing it and you need a team, a theatre and everything else. And Phantom two is my first concern right now."
Lord Lloyd Webber suggested his most recent BBC project, I'd Do Anything, had not worked so well because he was not as involved as he had been in previous shows.
"I think Oliver! didn't connect half as well with the public because neither had I wrote Oliver! or was I producing it.
"I think the public like the thought of my head being on the block so to speak. That's a risk. The BBC can't be seen to be promoting my work.
"I enjoyed doing Oliver! and there were good kids that came out of it. But I don't think it had quite the same range of appeal."