Sir Paul McCartney's divorce hearing has been extended into next week after he and estranged wife Heather Mills failed to reach an agreement.
The case, running since Monday, has attracted much media attention
Court 34 at London's High Court has been booked for Monday, when the case will continue, even though it was originally scheduled to end on Friday.
The financial settlement could break records, it has been suggested.
The hearing has been taking place in private. Any settlement will not be made public unless it goes to appeal.
Sir Paul has a fortune estimated at £825m. Based on recent cases, divorce experts have suggested that Ms Mills could walk away with £60m.
The record currently rests with the £48m businessman John Charman was told to pay his former wife last year.
Heather Mills is representing herself during the divorce proceedings
Ms Mills, who lost part of a leg in a road accident in 1993, married Sir Paul in June 2002, four years after his first wife, Linda, died of breast cancer.
The couple have a four-year-old daughter Beatrice. They announced the end of their marriage in 2006.
Several press reports suggest High Court judge Mr Justice Bennett has warned the couple that leaking details of the case to the media could be in contempt of court and punishable with heavy fines.
The judge is likely to decide next week if he has heard enough to give a ruling on the division of wealth and will impose his conditions on the couple, although the actual judgement will follow in a few weeks.
The media have speculated that a sticking point could be a confidentiality clause - the former Beatle is said to be anxious to keep details of his marriage to Ms Mills secret.