US rapper Jay-Z is to headline this summer's Glastonbury Festival, it has been confirmed.
Jay-Z was named hip-hop's highest earner earlier last year
Organiser Michael Eavis told BBC Somerset the star was on the bill for the event in June.
He said he wanted to "break with tradition this time and put on something totally different".
Meanwhile, registration for the three-day festival has opened. Anyone wanting to attend must submit their details and a photo by 15 March.
Mr Eavis said he hoped Jay-Z would attract a younger audience to the event.
"He will appeal to the young people and under-25s for sure, so that's a big pull for them," he said.
"It's not like the traditional one we do, like Radiohead, Coldplay and Muse and Oasis."
Registration opened on Friday. It does not guarantee a ticket, but everyone who wants to buy a ticket when they go on sale on 6 April must have registered first.
Some 175,000 people will attend the festival from 27-29 June.
The rest of this year's line-up remains a closely guarded secret, although Neil Diamond will play the veteran's slot on the Sunday.