BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Thursday, 3 January 2008, 08:55 GMT
Liza Minnelli to resume concerts
Liza Minnelli
Liza Minnelli felt dizzy before getting up on stage in Gothenberg
Veteran singing star Liza Minnelli is to resume her tour after collapsing on stage during a performance last month.

The 61-year-old is preparing for her next concert in the US on 12 January and is in good health, according to her lawyer Allen Arrow.

"She was that sick," Mr Arrow told the Associated Press, but refused to say why Minnelli collapsed while walking offstage at a concert in Sweden.

After taking medical advice, she flew back to the US on 13 December.

'Terrible pain'

"You wonder why she had the courage to get on the stage when she shouldn't have," added Mr Arrow.

Concert promoter Michael Silfverskiold told the Reuters news agency a crew member caught her as she fell off stage, and that she escaped additional injuries.

He said that it was evident that the singer was "in terrible pain".

Concert spokesman Zlatko Nedanovski told the Associated Press that Minnelli passed out as she walked off stage.

Minnelli, who won an Academy Award in 1972 for her performance in Cabaret, will take to the stage again in Providence, Rhode Island.

The daughter of film star Judy Garland is due to perform a number of concerts in the UK in May.

SEE ALSO
Liza Minnelli collapses on stage
13 Dec 07 |  Entertainment
Minnelli staff member in arrest
10 Dec 07 |  Entertainment
Judge halts Minnelli abuse case
26 Sep 06 |  Entertainment
Minnelli treated after bed fall
28 Dec 04 |  Entertainment

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific