The new BBC series of Robin Hood is to go ahead despite the theft of master tapes on location in Hungary.
Jonas Armstrong will be playing the legendary outlaw
At its launch in London, the show's stars revealed they have been re-shooting scenes on location.
BBC One controller Peter Fincham denied speculation that the incident was staged to generate publicity.
The 13-part drama, which cost £8m to make, is being screened on Saturday evenings from next month, in the slot previously occupied by Doctor Who.
The show, which stars Irish-born actor Jonas Armstrong in his first lead role, has been filmed in the new high definition format.
It has been part-financed by BBC America, and is due to air on the coporation's US cable channel next year.
A spokeswoman for the BBC said "all reasonable steps" were being taken to recover the tapes, which were taken from the offices of Tiger Aspect, the production company making the series.
The latest incarnation of the popular legend has been written by Dominic Minghella, brother of Oscar-winning director Anthony.
Mr Fincham said there is something "oddly modern" about the new show.
"Robin comes back from a controversial war in the Middle East to a country where the government is unpopular, raising taxes and losing touch with the people."