Families of the victims of 11 September have criticised film director Oliver Stone for failing to give their campaigns enough support.
Director Oliver Stone is donating some of the film's profits to charity
Ten per cent of the opening weekend takings for Stone's controversial World Trade Center film will go to charity.
But Monica Iken, who lost her husband Michael in the attacks, says she is "very disappointed" with the figure.
"I want to ask them if the movie is well-received to give more money to the memorial," she said.
Mrs Iken runs the September's Mission charity, which supports the development of a memorial park on the former site of the World Trade Center.
She called for screenings to include information on how to donate.
Another relative, Carie Lemack, complained that Stone and film company Paramount Pictures had refused to screen brief public service announcements before the film.
"The best way for Oliver Stone and anyone in Hollywood to honour those who were killed in 9/11 is to make sure that it never happens again," said Lemack, whose mother Judy Larocque was a passenger on one of the hijacked flights.
"We asked him to show 15 or 30 second public service announcements and he declined. Paramount declined."
Carie Lemack lost her mother Judy in the 11 September attacks
She wanted cinema-goers to be shown short films encouraging them to contact politicians to find out what had been done to prepare for future disasters, whether man-made or natural.
"I just wish that the movies would engage the American people, not just leave them feeling sad but instead feeling empowered," she added.
The World Trade Center film, starring Nicolas Cage, tells the true story of two police officers thought to have been the last survivors pulled from the rubble of the Twin Towers.
It has received mixed reviews in the US.
Variety praised Stone for "presenting this challenging, fact-based story with admirable restraint".
Nicholas Cage (right) plays police officer John McLoughlin (left)
Entertainment Weekly called it a "scrupulous and honourable film", but said there was a "fundamental lack of dramatic urgency".
The film, which also stars Crash actor Michael Pena, had its world premiere in New York on Thursday. It will open in the wider US on 9 August.
Five percent of box-office receipts from 9 to 13 August will go to the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation, which is building a $500m (£270m) memorial on the site.
The other 5% will be shared equally by three charities: Tuesday's Children, which helps children who lost a parent; the Tribute WTC Visitor Center, due to open this summer; and the New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund.