[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Thursday, 4 May 2006, 09:32 GMT 10:32 UK
No charges over Michael collision
George Michael
George Michael has admitted he is a "terrible driver"
Pop star George Michael will not face charges over claims he collided with three parked cars and drove off without notifying the owners.

Police interviewed him under caution about the incident in Highgate, London, which happened on Easter Sunday.

The 42-year-old singer has said reports that he left the scene without notifying the owners were "rubbish".

The Metropolitan Police said: "The traffic file has now been looked at and no further action will be taken."

Michael told ITV1's Parkinson show last month he was a "terrible driver", but added: "I did what I was supposed to do."

He collided with a parked car while attempting to pull out of a parking spot on a steep hill.

In February, he was cautioned for possessing cannabis after being found slumped at the wheel of his car at Hyde Park Corner in central London.

The former Wham! idol recently announced a greatest hits tour, which will kick off in Madrid on 27 September and reach the UK in November.


SEE ALSO:
Michael laughs off car collision
21 Apr 06 |  Entertainment
Michael questioned over collision
18 Apr 06 |  Entertainment
George Michael given drug caution
30 Mar 06 |  Entertainment
The ups and downs of George Michael
27 Feb 06 |  Entertainment


RELATED BBC LINKS:

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific