[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Tuesday, 18 April 2006, 09:59 GMT 10:59 UK
Jackson 'abuse' action dismissed
Michael Jackson, pictured in January
The sexual abuse action against Mr Jackson was filed in 2004
A legal action brought by a 39-year-old man who said he had been sexually abused by pop star Michael Jackson has been dismissed by a federal judge.

Joseph Bartucci accused Mr Jackson of sexually assaulting him in a limousine in 1984, claiming he had repressed the memory of the incident until 2003.

But the action was dismissed last week by US District Judge Eldon Fallon.

"We're pleased with the results," said Mr Jackson's spokesman. "It's time to get on to new and better things."

Mr Bartucci's lawyer said he was "basically shocked" by the ruling.

Triggered

Mr Bartucci claimed that when he was 18 he was lured into Mr Jackson's limousine in 1984 and held against his will for several days.

His legal action contended that he had suppressed the memories of the event until two years ago when they were triggered by news coverage of Mr Jackson's trial on child molestation charges.

Mr Jackson, 48, was fined $10,000 (5,520) in August last year for failing to appear in court in Louisiana to face the allegations.

In a separate, high-profile case, the singer was found not guilty of child abuse in June 2005 following a four-month trial in Santa Maria, California.


SEE ALSO:
Jackson fined over court no-show
18 Aug 05 |  Entertainment
No end to woes for Michael Jackson
17 Aug 05 |  Entertainment
New court case for singer Jackson
21 Jul 05 |  Entertainment


RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific