Celebrity Big Brother contestant Michael Barrymore has made his return as a TV host by presenting Friday's The Friday Night Project on Channel 4.
Barrymore previously presented ITV series such as Strike It Lucky
The 53-year-old took part in sketches and answered audience questions in the comedy show, filmed on Thursday.
Once one of TV's highest earners, Barrymore was sacked by ITV in 2002 after the death of Stuart Lubbock, 31, in the pool of his Essex home in 2001.
Barrymore was never charged and an inquest recorded an open verdict.
New Zealand move
A Channel 4 spokesman said, as with previous guest presenters of The Friday Night Project, Barrymore became the focus of the show.
Audience questions answered by Barrymore "were predominately about his time in the Big Brother house", the spokesman said.
After leaving ITV in 2002 Barrymore moved to New Zealand, where he performed a successful live tour the following year.
However, he abandoned a subsequent one-man UK comedy show three nights into its planned seven-week run, citing "personal reasons"
Terry Lubbock (r) discussed the death of son Stuart with Barrymore
Barrymore filed for bankruptcy in 2004, making his return to UK television as a contestant on last month's Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 4.
After the show's finale Barrymore met Mr Lubbock's father Terry, who subsequently told The Sun newspaper that he did not blame the entertainer for his son's death.
However Tony Bennett, a former solicitor trying to bring a private prosecution against Barrymore, said he would continue with his action despite the meeting.
He served an application alleging six offences - four relating to the misuse of drugs, one alleging drunk and disorderly behaviour and one alleging assault on Stuart Lubbock.