Actor Leonardo DiCaprio has contacted police after being slashed in the neck at a Hollywood party.
DiCaprio was on a break from filming at the time of the incident
The Aviator star required stitches after saying he was attacked by a woman with a glass object last Thursday.
The 30-year-old actor reported the crime of assault with a deadly weapon on Monday. Police are investigating.
"Leo was attacked by a woman who was trespassing and had been repeatedly asked to leave the property," said DiCaprio's spokesman Ken Sunshine.
Police said no one had been arrested and there was no known motive for the attack.
"The incident occurred during the early morning hours of June 17 when Mr DiCaprio was attending a party at the home of a friend in Hollywood Hills," the Los Angeles Police Department said in a statement.
"As a result of the assault, Mr DiCaprio suffered a laceration to the left side of his neck, requiring several sutures.
"The investigation is ongoing and no one is in custody at this time."
Media reports said DiCaprio was hit in the face by a woman wielding a beer bottle and needed 12 stitches as a result.
Sunshine said the actor was in Los Angeles taking a break from filming The Departed when the incident happened.