The director of the third Harry Potter film has said he believes the film's teenage stars will stay in their roles for the full seven-film series.
Daniel Radliffe has changed markedly since the first film
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron said on Tuesday he hoped they would stay on.
"It would be amazing to have the whole series with the same kids," he said.
Producer David Heyman disagreed, saying star Daniel Radcliffe's days as the wizard were numbered, the New York Post newspaper reported on Tuesday.
Radcliffe will soon be 15. Emma Watson, who plays Hermione, and Rupert Grint as Ron are also similar ages.
But Cuaron, who made his name with the cult Mexican film Y Tu Mama Tambien, said he thought it would "priceless" if the three stars continued their roles until the end of the seven-story series.
"It would be something very special, for the ages," the director said.
The trio have signed on for one film at a time. They have already begun work on the fourth film, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which is being directed by Four Weddings and a Funeral's Mike Newell.
"Right now they're doing number four. There's only three more to go. I just hope they keep the same cast for the whole thing," said Cuaron.
"So far, they're holding up very good, the way that they are ageing. I don't think Dan is going to get way much taller or suddenly grow another eye. Same with Emma, and Rupert is OK," the director added.
But in the New York Post, Mr Heyman has said it was "inevitable" the three stars would have to move on.
"There will come a point when one, two or all three of them will move on. I don't know when that will be - with the fifth, sixth or seventh movies - but it's inevitable," he said.