Singer Janet Jackson is continuing to insist her breast-baring incident was an accident, in her first TV appearance since the fiasco earlier this year.
Janet Jackson at a launch party for her new album in New York
Jackson, who is currently promoting her new album Damita Jo, told US chat show host David Letterman that the revealing dance routine was not a stunt.
"I want to put all that behind me. I truly do," she told Letterman.
Jackson's duet with Justin Timberlake sparked outrage when it was broadcast during the Super Bowl on 1 February.
She told Letterman that a second piece of material had been in place to conceal her breast when pop star Justin Timberlake ripped off her bustier.
However, she conceded that the manoeuvre had not been rehearsed. "It was supposed to kind of happen like that, but what actually happened wasn't," said Jackson.
The subsequent "wardrobe malfunction" led to a widespread clampdown on indecency in the States.
Both stars later apologised, but only Justin Timberlake appeared at the annual Grammys Award show a week later. Jackson claimed her invitation was retracted.
When Letterman asked whether she was still friends with Timberlake, Jackson said, " he and I need to talk".
On Monday night, fellow music stars Patti LaBelle and Ja Rule joined Jackson at a party in New York on Monday to launch the her album.
Jackson with her producer boyfriend Jermaine Dupri
It is currently suffering from a lack of airplay after MTV, traditionally champions of Jackson's music did not appear to have included it on their playlist of new releases.
However, MTV spokesman Graham James said they had only received the video Friday, and it would be put into rotation in about a week.
MTV's lack of enthusiasm and poor airplay on radio has suggests that Jackson continues to be dogged by negative publicity, but the album is still expected to top the US charts.