The Rolling Stones have confirmed they are to play a Sars benefit show in Hong Kong after all.
The Rolling Stones have never played Hong Kong before
The veteran band had been pulled from the bill at the Harbour Fest event after delays in signing a contract.
But the Stones announced on Monday they will now play shows in the region on 7 and 9 November.
Tour director Michael Cohl said: "We have received the deposit money from Hong Kong and the band's lawyers have a signed contract."
"This will be the first time in their 40 year history that the Rolling Stones have played in Hong Kong and they look forward to being part of the Harbour Fest festival."
The Stones cancelled a Hong Kong gig earlier in the year at the height of the Sars outbreak in Asia.
The Harbour Fest event, starting on 17 October, aims to relaunch Hong Kong as a tourist spot following the Sars crisis.
During the outbreak, visitors were advised not to make non-essential visits to the territory.
But the Hong Kong government came under fire for agreeing to underwrite the three-week Harbour Fest series of musical events to the tune of HK$80m (£6.2m).
There has been anger at reports that foreign stars had been offered big fees from taxpayers' money while local acts were treated as "side dishes".
Last week, concert organisers said an offer for the Stones to play had been withdrawn because they were unable to "commit in a timely manner".