The family are far from conventional
The Osbournes is to return for a third series, despite audience figures falling by nearly half in the last season.
Filming will start on MTV's reality show based on the rock star family this autumn in California.
Sharon Osbourne said earlier this year the programme would not be continuing.
"This is definitely the last year," Osbourne stated. "We can't do it anymore."
But husband Ozzy Osbourne said the family were happy to carry on when the third series was announced on Wednesday.
"It's been one hell of a journey these past few years," said the rock singer.
"We didn't want the adventure to end too soon," he added.
The second series began on MTV last year with 6.6 million viewers, but the figures soon dropped to an average of 3 million.
MTV president Van Toffler was upbeat about the new episodes.
"If you thought we wouldn't re-sign
The Osbournes for another season, you're crazy," he said.
Series two was much darker than the first, showing Sharon Osbourne receiving treatment after she was diagnosed with colon cancer.
Her 17-year-old son Jack, who also stars in the show, recently spent time in a drugs and alcohol rehabilitation clinic.
Despite the drop in ratings, the show is still MTV's biggest hit.
The Osbourne family have become the focus of media attention following the global success of their fly-on-the-wall show.
Kelly Osbourne, 18, launched a career as a rock singer while her father continues to perform.
The pair recently recorded a duet version of a song Changes by Ozzy Osbourne's old metal band Black Sabbath.