Troubled star Michael Barrymore is suing the TV company that sacked him after a man was found dead in his swimming pool, it has been confirmed.
Michael Barrymore has been performing in Australia and New Zealand
Mr Barrymore's career was left in tatters after Stuart Lubbock, who met the presenter at a nightclub, died in March 2001.
Mr Barrymore had been tied to an exclusive contract with LWT - but it dropped him after an inquest returned an open verdict in September 2002.
The TV star says LWT did not pay him for that year although he had a contract and made a show - My Kind Of Music - during the controversy.
His lawyer confirmed the star was to take action against LWT, but would not comment on reports he was seeking £1.5m.
Mr Barrymore's only appearance since the tragedy has been in the six-part My Kind Of Music in February 2002, which was "received perfectly well by the public", manager Mike Brown said.
LWT told him apart from that it did not want him on screen, but Mr Brown said the contract meant the presenter could not work for anyone else.
An LWT statement issued on Wednesday said: "Michael Barrymore disputes LWT's termination of his contract and we've agreed with Mr Barrymore to take that dispute to arbitration."
Tests showed that Stuart Lubbock had suffered severe internal injuries after being found in the swimming pool at Mr Barrymore's home in Roydon, Essex.
At the inquest, medical experts could not agree on the cause of death and the source of the injuries has remained under dispute.
A police investigation is ongoing after Mr Barrymore claimed the internal injuries were inflicted at the hospital, not at his home.
Mr Barrymore was cautioned by police for the possession and supply of a Class B drug, the possession of a class A drug and allowing his home to be used for the taking of a class B drug.
The star was one of UK TV's most successful entertainers
He has recently returned from Australia and New Zealand, where he went on a sell-out comeback tour.
He is due to star in an eight-week one-man show in London from September.
And he has received numerous offers to return to UK TV screens, but is waiting for the right format to launch a high-profile return, Mr Brown said.
Before the tragedy, Mr Barrymore was one of the UK's most popular entertainers, winning seven prizes at the National TV Awards - voted for by the public - between 1995 and 2000.