At least 11 people have died and more than 20 have been hospitalised after drinking vodka containing industrial alcohol in Mongolia.
Many of the victims were believed to have been attending the same New Year's Eve party.
An official said that the vodka contained methanol spirits, normally used in cleaning products.
Authorities have placed a temporary ban on the sale of vodka in the capital, Ulan Bator, where the deaths occurred.
City mayor Tudev Bilegt told the French news agency AFP that the ban would remain in place until an investigation had been completed into how the poisoned vodka came to be available in shops.
Officials say the vodka was all produced by one company, the Associated Press reported.
Vodka is a hugely popular drink in Mongolia and is widely consumed at New Year celebrations.