These are the key points of a joint declaration signed by the leaders of North and South Korea after an historic three-day summit in Pyongyang, as reported by South Korea's Yonhap news agency.
1. South and North Korea to actively implement the June 15  Joint Declaration.
2. South and North Korea to work for mutual respect and trust in order to overcome differences in ideology, system.
The two leaders agreed to work to resolve a number of issues
3. South and North Korea to ease military tensions, resolve disputes through dialogue and negotiations. The two sides to set up a joint fishing area in the West Sea to avoid
accidental armed conflict. The two sides to hold defence ministerial talks in November in Pyongyang to discuss ways of supporting inter-Korean economic cooperation and easing tension.
4. South and North Korea agree on need to end the current armistice and establish permanent peace. The two sides to push for a declaration of the ending of the Korean War in cooperation with neighbouring nations. South and North Korea to make joint efforts for the smooth implementation of the Sept 19 and Feb 13 six-nation nuclear agreements.
5. South and North Korea to expand economic cooperation for balanced development and co-prosperity. The two sides to create a special peace zone around Haeju in North Korea and nearby areas, as well as work towards a joint fishing area, peace waters, special economic zone, and joint development of the estuary of the Han River.
6. South and North Korea to develop cooperation in the history, language, education, technology, culture, sports, and social sectors. The two sides to open direct air route
between Seoul and Mount Paekdu to allow South Koreans to visit the mountain in North Korea.
7. South and North Korea to actively push for humanitarian cooperation and expansion of reunion of separated families.
8. South and North Korea to strengthen cooperation for national interest in the international stage and the benefits of Korean residents abroad.
South and North Korea to hold talks between their prime ministers in November in Seoul to implement these agreements. Leaders of the two sides to hold frequent talks
in order to consult on pending issues.