The Indian doctor who was held in Australia in connection with the suspected failed UK terror attacks says he will fight to return to work there.
Dr Haneef says he will fight for the right to return
Mohammed Haneef had his work visa revoked after being released without charge in Brisbane.
He returned to his home in Bangalore in southern India at the weekend.
At a press conference there on Monday, Dr Haneef said he had been a victim of an Australian conspiracy, but was a peaceful Muslim.
Dr Haneef was arrested and held for three weeks over alleged links to suspected failed car bomb attacks in London and Glasgow last month.
The case's handling has been criticised by legal and civil rights groups.
Australian police were accused of taking too long to charge Dr Haneef under new anti-terror laws, and some prosecution evidence presented in court was later found to have been wrong.
'True Islam follower'
During the press conference, Dr Haneef was asked if he planned to sue the Australian government.
He responded: "I would like to return to Australia and I would want my visa back. I would fight for that.
Dr Haneef said he did not want a personal apology, but added: "I'm a true Islam follower. I do not want anyone to be victimised in the name of terrorism like I have been."
Australian Prime Minister John Howard has defended his immigration minister's decision to revoke Dr Haneef's visa, and rebuffed opposition calls for an inquiry into the case.