Witnesses to the Bali bombings have been describing the horror and confusion caused by the blasts that tore through two resort areas of the holiday island.
Christian Barning, from Germany, was in a local shopping mall in Kuta with his girlfriend Isabel when one of the bombs went off less than 20 metres away.
"We were in the entrance of the mall. We heard the bomb, it was a very loud bang, and then there were people running out. They didn't freak out, and they didn't scream," he told the BBC News website.
"You could feel the pressure of the bomb, and we just tried to get out. But there wasn't this big panic."
But George MacCallum from London, UK, said there was mayhem.
"Manic on the streets, no one really knows what's going on," he told the BBC News website.
"I saw people running and crying. Police telling everyone where to go. All tourists have given up for the night, everyone trying to get internet access, nightspots are empty. There's an air of unease and unrest here."
'A bit of panic'
James Hughes of Jersey said he was having dinner just down the road from the Kuta blast.
Medical teams have been attending to wounded foreigners
"The noise was deafening. Like a thousand fireworks going off at one time," he said.
Dutch student Chris van der Draai described the panic at the Jimbaran resort.
"We had a bit of panic, everybody panicked," he told the BBC, "but I think, with the first bomb, many people just stood up and everybody ran down to the beach... and the second bomb went off, so I think some people were very lucky that... both bombs weren't exploded together."
Ketut Suartana was in the middle of his meal when the bombs went off.
"We were eating and suddenly it just went dark," he told Reuters news agency from his hospital bed after being injured by the explosions.
"I tried to
run but I kept falling over. Then the second blast happened."
Anthony Brearley, from Melbourne, Australia, had arrived in Bali on Friday with his wife and two young children. He and his wife were in a cafe when they heard the first bomb go off.
"There was a frightening noise, and then the second one went off quite soon after that. The locals were taking it very calmly, but the tourists were running away...
"They were saying it was gas bottles exploding, which is apparently quite common. We were sitting with a big group of people and everyone just knew it was a bomb.
"My wife works for a burns unit and she wanted to go down there and help, but she wasn't allowed through."
Visiting English tourist Chris Ryan could not believe the island had been targeted a second time, and described the aftermath:
"I didn't actually think it would happen again, but it's happened and, I don't know, it's just one of those things, it's just unbelievable.
"Everybody around here is kind of just shocked. I mean, you can see the main drag now is completely empty. All the shops, all the bars are all shut. It's just unbelievable."