The Marriott Hotel in Jakarta has reopened one month after a devastating bombing which killed 12 people and injured 150.
All cars are now checked as they approach the hotel
Public relations manager Mellani Solagratia said that both restaurants were busy and that the hotel had received many reservations both for the restaurants and the rooms.
"We are delighted that finally we can extend our services again to our guests," she told BBC News Online.
However a worker on the front-desk said that there no guests booked in for tonight.
Ms Solagratia said security at the hotel had been tightened in the wake of the 5 August attack.
"We have changed the design of our entrance," she said, explaining that every car approaching the hotel is now checked before it reaches the entrance and that all guests have to be dropped off outside the entrance.
The deadly explosion was caused by a suicide bomber exploding a car in the driveway. Most of those killed were security guards or taxi drivers.
The Marriott, in the wealthy suburb of Kuningan in Jakarta's business district, is popular with foreigners.
"I feel safe and I think the Indonesian government has done
a very, very good job in tightening up security throughout
Jakarta," Eugene Flynn, an American businessman visiting the hotel, told Reuters news agency.
The 5 August bombing came ahead of the verdicts in two trials of prominent Indonesian militants - Amrozi, the first person to be jailed for last year's Bali bombings, and Abu Bakar Ba'asyir, a cleric who was sentenced last week for subversion.
On Monday, prosecutors in the case of Ba'asyir said they would appeal for a longer sentence for the cleric. Next week, the verdict is due in the case of another Bali bombing suspect, Imam Samudra.