Rescuers have found a ninth body in Minneapolis at the scene of a collapsed bridge, raising the death toll to nine.
Divers have been searching the wreckage for 11 days
Divers are continuing to search for four people still missing after the eight-lane span bridge fell into the Mississippi river on 1 August.
Meanwhile, transport chiefs have said they have decided on a preliminary design for a replacement bridge.
Minnesota state authorities hope to begin clearing debris from the river later this week.
Emergency teams have been working for 11 days to recover bodies and vehicles from the wrecked Interstate 35W bridge - which was the city's busiest.
Three bodies were discovered over a two-day period last week, and divers pulled another from the river on Sunday.
So far, about 44 vehicles of an estimated 100 that were on the bridge at the time of the collapse have been lifted from the ruins.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation said the investigation into what caused the disaster could take 18 months to complete.
Officials have decided to move quickly to replace the structure, approving a preliminary 10-lane design for a new bridge.
Spokeswoman Lucy Kender told the Associated Press that public comment on the proposed design would begin this week.
Previously, state officials had said they hoped to have the bridge rebuilt by the end of 2008.
The collapse has badly affected the transport system in Minneapolis.
A state highway has been converted into a freeway in a bid to reduce commuter traffic disruption around the city, and more buses have been laid on.