The chief suspect in the killing of seven members of a family in Indianapolis has surrendered to police in the Mid-Western US city.
The seven bodies were found at a suburban house
Desmond Turner, 28, has been charged with murder, after what police said was likely to have been a botched robbery.
A second suspect, James Stewart, 30, was detained on Friday and is being held on a murder charge.
The killings of three children and four adults are reported to be the worst in Indianapolis for more than 20 years.
Mr Turner gave himself up to police in a prearranged rendezvous on Saturday evening.
"Indianapolis can sleep a lot easier tonight," said deputy police chief Clifford Myers.
He was accompanied by several family members, after police had urged those close to him to refuse him shelter.
"He didn't turn himself in out of remorse. He turned himself in because he had no place to go," said another senior police officer, Tim Foley.
"He had his head down. He was sullen."
Seven family members - three of them children - were found dead at a house in the city on Thursday.
The children aged five to 11 were found in a bedroom. The adults' bodies were scattered around the two-storey home.
Nearly 30 shell casings from an automatic rifle were found at the scene.
Mr Turner grew up in the area and returned there last year after finishing a three-and-a-half year prison term for drug and weapons offences.
It is believed that Mr Turner and Mr Stewart went to rob the house after hearing there were large sums of money and other valuables inside - reports which were "fiction", the police said.
Maria Flores, whose sister was one of the dead, said she was "very relieved and thankful" that the suspect had surrendered.
"I just hope God forgives him for what he did," she said.
Deputy police chief Foley said that he thought there was "a high likelihood" that the trial would be a death penalty case.