A Kenyan court has ordered police to destroy the country's largest haul of cocaine seized more than a year ago.
The cocaine cache was worth more than $80m
Nairobi's chief magistrate said the 1.1 metric ton shipment, confiscated in December 2004, should be destroyed in front of witnesses on Friday.
"These drugs after the seizure, sampling and analysing of its weight should have been destroyed immediately," Aggrey Muchelule said.
Police denied reports that part of the cache had been stolen, Reuters says.
The police say the drugs are under constant supervision.
In a letter to President Mwai Kibaki earlier this month, the UN's drug agency urged the government to destroy the consignment, worth more than $80m.
Kenya's ports and entry points have been systematically exploited by drug traffickers, the agency says.
Police found the cocaine in raids in the capital, Nairobi, and the coastal town of Malindi.
It reportedly originated in South America and was to be shipped to Europe.
One of six suspects arrested in connection with the cache has been freed; the others remain in police custody.