A British man has been cleared of having any involvement with bombings in the Moroccan resort of Casablanca in May.
The attacks killed 44 people
Anthony Perry Jensen, 37, from London was acquitted at the High Court in Fez of belonging to Salafia Jihadia, the Islamic organisation which the Moroccan authorities believe carried out the attacks in which 44 people died.
Mr Jensen has, however, been sentenced to four months in prison for "immorality" for failing to properly register his marriage to 17-year-old Moroccan Fatima Ezera.
He admitted to having discussed the merits of Jihad, or holy war, with friends the prosecution claimed were members of a radical Islamic group.
But, said Mr Jensen, it was on a visit to Morocco in the wake of September 11 and the topic was unavoidable.
The judge also did not appear to give much weight to a statement signed by Mr Jensen while in custody in which he admitted to having trained to use Kalashnikovs and rocket propelled grenades in Chechnya and Afghanistan.
The judge accepted Mr Jensen's claim, made at the trial, that the statement had been written in Arabic and he did not understand it when he signed it.
Mr Jensen, who is thought to have converted to Islam in 1994, told the BBC that he was prepared to be punished for his marriage and added that he deeply regretted it.
The five suicide bombs on 16 May tore through a Spanish
restaurant, the Belgian consulate, a Jewish community centre and
cemetery and a hotel.
Another Briton, Abdellatif Merroun, who also holds Moroccan
nationality, is to appear in court in Rabat on Wednesday in
connection with the attacks.