BBC Homepage World Service Education
BBC Homepagelow graphics version | feedback | help
BBC News Online
 You are in: UK: Wales
Front Page 
World 
UK 
England 
Northern Ireland 
Scotland 
Wales 
UK Politics 
Business 
Sci/Tech 
Health 
Education 
Entertainment 
Talking Point 
In Depth 
AudioVideo 

Sunday, 6 August, 2000, 10:10 GMT 11:10 UK
Man charged over holiday park kidnap
Mound's Caravan Park
The teenager was taken from the Mound's Caravan Park
A man has been charged with kidnap following the alleged abduction of a teenage girl from a north Wales holiday caravan park.

North Wales Police said that Stuart Lee Paul Breslin, from Fallowfield, Manchester, had been charged with kidnap and affray.

He is being held at Wrexham police station and is due to appear before magistrates tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, the hunt for a second man believed to have been involved in the incident is on-going.

The unidentified 16-year-old girl was allegedly taken from the Mound's Caravan Park at Gwespyr, near Prestatyn, on Thursday night.

Officers from North Wales and Greater Manchester Police raided several addresses in the Manchester area on Friday and found the girl safe and well.

Detectives had been trying to establish the reason for the abduction but would not confirm rumours of a family feud.

The operation was mounted shortly before midnight on Thursday when police were told the girl had been abducted.

Police kept details of the abduction secret while a police operation was mounted.

A North Wales Police spokesman said: "The girl was found and has been returned to her family. She has suffered no physical harm."

The victim and her family have not been identified.

Search BBC News Online

Advanced search options
Launch console
BBC RADIO NEWS
BBC ONE TV NEWS
WORLD NEWS SUMMARY
PROGRAMMES GUIDE
Internet links:


The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Links to more Wales stories are at the foot of the page.


E-mail this story to a friend

Links to more Wales stories