BBC Homepage World Service Education
BBC Homepagelow graphics version | feedback | help
BBC News Online
 You are in: World: Middle East
Front Page 
World 
Africa 
Americas 
Asia-Pacific 
Europe 
Middle East 
South Asia 
-------------
From Our Own Correspondent 
-------------
Letter From America 
UK 
UK Politics 
Business 
Sci/Tech 
Health 
Education 
Entertainment 
Talking Point 
In Depth 
AudioVideo 
Sunday, 11 June, 2000, 16:37 GMT 17:37 UK
Norwegian diplomat killed in Yemen

The Norwegian government says one of its diplomats has been shot dead in Yemen after being kidnapped by armed men.

The Norwegian Foreign Ministry said the diplomat Gudbrand Stuve had been on a sight-seeing visit to Yemen on his way home from a posting in Zambia.

He was stopped at a police roadblock, and in the ensuing gunfight, was killed in the crossfire.

His eight-year-old son who was with him was unhurt.

From the newsroom of the BBC World Service

Search BBC News Online

Advanced search options
Launch console
BBC RADIO NEWS
BBC ONE TV NEWS
WORLD NEWS SUMMARY
PROGRAMMES GUIDE
Links to more Middle East stories are at the foot of the page.


E-mail this story to a friend

Links to more Middle East stories