|
| ||||
| You are in: Euro2000: Teams: France |
|
Saturday, 10 June, 2000, 13:11 GMT 14:11 UK
Trezeguet denies Lazio move
![]() David Trezeguet: bound for Lazio?
French striker David Trezeguet has denied he had signed for Italian champions Lazio
from Monaco.
The Rome club's Yugoslav defender Sinisa Mihajlovic had earlier told Saturday's Gazzetta dello Sport: "I've talked to (Lazio President Sergio) Cragnotti. He told me we'd got Trezeguet." Trezeguet, preparing with the France squad at the training camp for their opening game against Denmark, has claimed that a deal had not been sealed. "I know there is contact but I have not signed anything," the striker said. Trezeguet, who was instrumental in Monaco's French first division triumph, said last month he wanted to boost his career with a move to a big foreign club in Italy or England. Squad The 22-year-old is one of very few players in the France squad who actually play their club football in their homeland. The vast majority currently play for clubs in Italy's Serie A or in the English Premiership. Trezeguet is regarded as a gifted but inconsistent striker but he will hope to bolster his reputation with his performances in Euro 2000.
|
|
|||||||||||||||||||||
| ^^ Back to top | ||
| Front Page | Results/Fixtures | Group A | Group B | Group C | Group D | Knockout | Teams | Sportstalk | Fans' Guide | AudioVideo | Photo Gallery |
||