| You are in: World: Africa | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Saturday, 15 January, 2000, 22:44 GMT
Caprivi Strip ambush claims lives At least four people have been killed in another ambush in Nambia's north-eastern Caprivi strip, close to the border with Angola. The police say the attack took place in the area where three French children were shot dead earlier this month in an ambush blamed on Angolan UNITA rebels. The victims of the latest attack are all reported to be Namibian. A survivor of the incident on Friday said armed men appeared from the bush and opened fire on the vehicle he was travelling in between Katimo Mulilo and Rundu. He said he heard the attackers speaking Portuguese and said they wore like those of UNITA fighters. Namibia last month allowed Angolan soldiers to use bases along the border to launch attacks on UNITA. From the newsroom of the BBC World Service |
Links to other Africa stories are at the foot of the page.
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Links to more Africa stories
|
|
|
^^ Back to top News Front Page | World | UK | UK Politics | Business | Sci/Tech | Health | Education | Entertainment | Talking Point | In Depth | AudioVideo ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To BBC Sport>> | To BBC Weather>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- © MMIII | News Sources | Privacy |
|