| You are in: Sport: Football: FA Carling Premiership | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Thursday, 13 January, 2000, 15:32 GMT
Sherwood lands misconduct charge
The Football Association has charged Tim Sherwood with making obscene gestures to fans at Newcastle last November. The Tottenham and England midfielder was reported after Spurs went down 2-1 at St James's Park. FA spokesman Adrian Bevington said: "Tim Sherwood has been charged with making obscene gestures to the crowd at Newcastle."
The player now has two weeks to respond to the charge.
Sherwood is the second Tottenham player in two days to incur the wrath of the FA. On Wednesday the FA announced that Sol Campbell faced a further inquiry into allegations of assault at Derby from October 1998. Campbell was charged with assault in April last year after an alleged fracas with a steward following Spurs' 1-0 victory. Steward Rex Mundy claimed he was left with a broken arm after the incident but the case was discontinued last July. An FA spokesman said on Wednesday: "We requested the documentation from Derby police which we received two weeks ago. "We are going through it and will make an announcement soon."
|
Links to other FA Carling Premiership stories are at the foot of the page.
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
^^ Back to top News Front Page | World | UK | UK Politics | Business | Sci/Tech | Health | Education | Entertainment | Talking Point | In Depth | AudioVideo ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To BBC Sport>> | To BBC Weather>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- © MMIII | News Sources | Privacy |
|