[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Thursday, 25 March, 2004, 15:15 GMT
Man jailed for indecent assault
A Tyneside man has been jailed for seven years for indecently assaulting a young girl.

Darren Leslie John Holland, 34, from Crawley Road in Wallsend carried out the attack on an 11-year-old girl, a court was told.

Holland was sentenced on Thursday at Newcastle Crown Court.

Detective Inspector Dave Scott from Northumbria Police described the assault as a particularly vile offence against a vulnerable victim.

Mr Scott said he was pleased that the court's sentence reflected the serious nature of the offence.

He said: "Nothing in police enquiries so far would indicate that other children have been targeted."





LINKS TO MORE TYNE/WEAR STORIES


 

RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

TOP TYNE/WEAR STORIES NOW
TOP UK STORIES NOW

PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific