The Battle concluded with the Moonlight Parade on Friday night
|
Thousands of people lined the streets of St Helier in Jersey on Friday night for the Moonlight Parade, the climax to the Battle of the Flowers.
But it is thought fewer people watched the island's parades this year.
Terry Avery, an executive officer with the Battle of Flowers Association, says although there are no firm figures it did appear that numbers were down.
But he has defended the changes to the procession this year and says most comments have been positive.
 |
People are going to be back in the battle next year
|
Mr Avery says he is delighted with the response he has had from people saying the parades have been as good, if not better, than previous years.
He said: "Certainly the standard of the floats seems to get better every year.
"Numbers may have been a little down, but last year was the run up to our centenary, so one or two people wanted a rest this year.
"But one of the things I'm hearing is that people are going to be back in the battle next year."