Kian was a pupil at Hillgrove School
|
An investigation is under way after a three-year-old boy died following a fall at a private school in Bangor.
Kian Williams died on Wednesday after a fall at Hillgrove School on 7 July.
North Wales Police and the Health and Safety executive (HSE) are carrying out a joint inquiry.
An HSE spokesperson said the police would be taking the lead in the investigation.
The accident is thought to have taken place in the school playground.
Kian's family are reported to be too upset to comment on the tragedy.
Headteacher James Porter said that Kian was "a very lively and enthusiastic boy" and that staff and students would be devastated.
"The ambulance came within about seven to 10 minutes and took him to Ysbyty Gwynedd," he said.
"He was taken to Alder Hey to the intensive care unit, where sadly he remained until he died this week.
"In a school as small as this, all the children get to know each other very well.
"It will be a great shock to all of them, as it was for my wife and myself. We are devastated.
Kian had been at the school for two terms, after starting there after Christmas.
He said officials from the Health and Safety Executive and the police were at the school.
Children aged from three to 16 attend Hillgrove School.