There were emotional scenes at a news conference following the releases
|
An Israeli backpacker who was freed after being held captive by Colombian rebels for three months has demanded an apology from the Colombian Government.
Beni Daniel, 23, expressed outrage at comments made by the president of Colombia's Congress, who called for an investigation into alleged gun running.
German Vargas suggested Mr Daniel and seven other tourists had been involved in arms trafficking or "shady deals".
The last remaining captives were released by the guerrillas on Monday.
"We want the Colombian Government to apologise for this," Mr Daniel said.
"We want them to say sorry for the rumours that we were in Colombia illegally and that we were involved in arms trafficking," he added.
Mr Daniel alleges Mr Vargas made the comments about him and his colleagues on 29 September.
Trauma
While Briton Matthew Scott escaped soon after the abduction and a German and Spaniard were freed weeks later, the remaining five were forced to remain in captivity.
"They often treated us like animals at a zoo," Mr Daniel said, referring to his captors.
On his release on Monday - with Briton Mark Henderson, 31, and Israelis Ortaz Ohayon, Ido Guy and Erez Altawil - Mr Daniel learned some bad news from his home town.
 |
I have now experienced the worst of my life
|
During his time in captivity, one of his best friends was killed in a Palestinian suicide bomb attack in an Israeli cafe.
"I have now experienced the worst of my life," he said at a press conference in the capital, Bogota.
Meanwhile, Colombian television has reported that the National Liberation Army (ELN) rebels who held the tourists have issued an apology and asked for their forgiveness.
"We want to ask forgiveness from the hostages and their families for the suffering that we've caused you during your imprisonment," an ELN member said, according to Colombia's Channel 4.