More than 30 people have been charged in relation to the attacks
|
Turkish police have arrested a relative of one of the suspected masterminds of last month's Istanbul bombings.
Mehmet Kus was taken to a state security court on Tuesday, according to the semi-official Anatolia news agency.
Turkish papers say police seized enough explosives in his house for five lorry bombs of the kind used to attack two synagogues, a bank and the British consulate, killing 62 people.
More than 30 people have been charged in connection with the suicide attacks.
Mr Kus is reported to be a cousin of Habip Aktas, who is alleged to be one of the key planners of the attacks.
Turkish media say his arrest came after another arrested suspect, Osman Eken, made a confession to prosecutors.
Links with al-Qaeda
Mr Kus's arrest also reportedly led to the detention of 11 people in Istanbul and the town of Konya, including one man, Harun Ilhan, who is alleged to have links with al-Qaeda.
Among the explosive materials allegedly found in Mr Kus' house were 12 sacks of potassium nitrate fertiliser, which was used in last month's attacks.
One report said the explosives were being stored for use once the current security clampdown had been come to an end.
A man arrested last week, Adnan Ersoz, was described by police as the link-man between a Turkish extremist cell and an international terrorist group.
Newspapers said he got instructions directly from al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
He was charged with attempting to overthrow the constitutional order.