The tigers have been the act's centrepiece for decades
|
Illusionist Roy Horn, who was attacked by a tiger during a show in Las Vegas in October, has returned home from hospital his manager said on Monday.
The magician, part of the famous Siegfried and Roy act, was mauled by the white tiger at the Mirage resort.
Horn, 59, suffered a stroke after the tiger grabbed him by the neck and dragged him off stage.
Manager Bernie Yuman said Horn is able to write notes but no other details on his recovery were available.
Horn was being treated at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, having been transferred from the University Medical Center in Las Vegas.
Fischbacher said earlier this month that Horn had been off his respirator for a fortnight and would be well enough to spend Christmas in Las Vegas.
Roy (right) and his partner Siegfried offer one of the most popular shows in Las Vegas
|
Surgeon Dr Duke said at the time of the attack: "Mr Horn's injury was extremely severe, and it is all but miraculous that he is alive at this time."
Fischbacher has played down Horn's injuries, describing the wound as "a little punch hole" and claiming the tiger was trying to help his partner.
Animal experts have disputed the suggestion that the creature was trying to help his stage partner after he slipped.
Fishbacher blamed the stroke suffered afterward by Horn on blood pressure medication.
The German-born duo have performed in Las Vegas for 35 years.