[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Friday, 28 November, 2003, 19:37 GMT
Shooting suspect released
Ken Harvey
Mr Harvey was shot at the wheel of his car as he drove to work
A 33-year-old man arrested in connection with the contract killing of an East Sussex businessman has been released, police have said.

Dale Kenneth Harvey was shot through the window of his Mercedes car as he sat in traffic at Cripps Corner, north of Hastings, on 18 August.

The man, of Charles Road, St Leonards, was arrested on Monday in connection with the killing.

Sussex Police said on Friday evening the 33-year-old had been charged with unlawful possession of heroin and released from custody.

He is bailed to appear at Hastings Magistrates' Court on Thursday.

In the attack on Mr Harvey, the pillion passenger of a green Kawasaki 750 Ninja motorbike fired a number of shots into the car with what is thought by police to have been a small handgun.

Mr Harvey, also known as Ken, who lived in the nearby village of Broad Oak with his family, died in hospital two days later.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific