[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 5 November, 2003, 16:08 GMT
Five charged with abduction
Five men have been charged over an alleged abduction in Oxford on Monday night.

No details about the circumstances have been released by police, but in a statement Acting Detective Chief Inspector Andy Murray said help from members of the community had been an important part of the investigation.

Mansur Rehman, 22, of Littlehay Road, Oxford, Mohammed Rizwan, 21, of Cumberland Road, Oxford, Ashfaq Mohammed, 23, Shafique Mohammed, 21, and Ishtiaq Mohammed, 26, all of Golden Road, Cowley, Oxford, were charged on Tuesday night with abduction.

They were remanded in custody by Oxford magistrates until Monday 10 November.

"I would like to stress how important the help of the community was in investigating this matter, and I extend my thanks to them," Mr Murray said.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific