Ifor Williams Trailers has produced horseboxes since 1958
|
Workers embroiled in months of dispute with their employers at Wales' biggest trailer company have decided to withdraw their threat of strike action.
But GMB union members at Ifor Williams, which has factories in north Wales at Cynwyd, Corwen and Bala decided they would continue their overtime ban.
The dispute over pay and conditions has lasted three months and has resulted in three one-day strikes.
"GMB members at last night's meeting were extremely angry," said GMB union representative Dave Cliff on Thursday.
"They voted unanimously to keep the overtime ban in place until the back pay is secured."
Industrial action
On Tuesday discussions between managers at Ifor Williams, the GMB union and arbitration service Acas broke down.
The union accused managers at the trailer firm of reneging on its pay deal and claimed they could be faced with further industrial action.
"The pay offer's been 3.25% all the way since April and now they've said they won't pay back pay to those involved in the strike," said Mr Cliff.
However, a spokesman for Ifor Williams said it had always made its intentions on back pay perfectly clear.
In a letter sent to staff the company said its offer to backdate its 3.25% pay rise to 7 April would expire on 17 July.
Back pay has therefore been awarded to everyone who has signed the agreement.
In a separate case earlier this month 100 workers announced they were preparing to take their bosses to an employment tribunal over claims they have not received enough holiday pay.
The claim was strenuously denied by representatives of the trailer firm.