Mr Solymanyzadeh says he may go back on hunger strike
|
An asylum seeker who went on hunger strike when he was told he must return to Iran has been released from hospital after being temporarily sectioned.
Mohammed Reza Solymanyzadeh was found not to be suffering from a mental illness after doctors examined him at the Pendleview Unit at Queen's Park Hospital, Blackburn.
Lancashire Care NHS Trust said he ate and drank while at the hospital.
He had been taken there on Thursday evening from the house in the Lancashire town where he has been squatting illegally.
Speaking through his interpreter, he told the BBC that he would eat for the next few days until he decided whether to go back on hunger strike.
Application refused
Mr Solymanyzadeh, who arrived in the UK in February 2002, said he would be stoned to death if he returned to Iran because he had an extra-marital affair.
His asylum application was turned down five months ago and his living and housing allowances were stopped.
The Home Office has refused to comment on the case.
Lancashire Care NHS Trust said: "Following assessment by [a psychiatrist] no evidence of mental illness could be found.
"Mr Solymanyzadeh has now been discharged.
"Whilst on Pendleview Mr Solymanyzadeh accepted food and liquids."