Security is high in Jakarta, following the Marriott blast
|
Indonesia's police chief has warned that militants are planning more attacks on his country.
General Da'i Bachtiar said the authorities needed to remain firm because the fight against terrorism was far from over.
Some suspected terrorists were prepared to use car bombs and suicide attacks to achieve their aims, he warned on Friday.
General Bachtiar said he had learned about possible future attacks from interrogating suspects of last month's bombing of the JW Marriott Hotel in Jakarta.
"There are still some terror suspects who are in possession of explosives, and they are prepared at anytime to use them," he said.
Police in Indonesia have arrested nearly 50 suspects in relation to the Marriott blast and last year's bombings on the island of Bali.
Twelve people were killed at the Marriott, and 202 in the two blasts in Bali.
Both attacks have been blamed on Jemaah Islamiah, an Islamic militant group said to have links with al-Qaeda.
Mr Bachtiar said that although progress had been made in the investigations of both attacks, several key suspects were still at large.
"From our investigations, we can say they still plan to
carry out bombings... and there are even some who are ready to conduct bombings through car bombs, vest bombs and other types of bombs," he told reporters.
The larger Bali blast came from a car bomb, while the smaller explosion was detonated by a suspected suicide bomber.
The Marriott blast was caused by a car bomb outside the hotel's lobby.