Dozens of workers are to lose their jobs at a north Belfast call centre after just several weeks.
TeleTech said on Wednesday it could not confirm an exact figure for job losses, but said it would be less than 100.
The call centre based in Duncairn Gardens only began taking calls for its new directory enquiries service last month.
The firm blamed "this very unusual situation" on a massive shortfall in the predicted number of directory enquiry calls received.
Graham Baker of Teletech said not enough calls had come into the centre.
"We respond to our clients requirements, he said.
"In this case they anticipated a certain number of calls coming in and therefore work, and those calls have not come in.
"So what we are now doing, over the next month or so, is redeploying as many people as we can into other jobs."
North Belfast MP Nigel Dodds said he was seeking a meeting with the Northern Ireland Office Minister, Ian Pearson, to discuss the situation.
"Some of the workers had left jobs to come to TeleTech and now they are being made redundant after two weeks," he said.
"This is a very serious aspect of this announcement today and I am very
alarmed at the implications for those affected."
The company has said the rest of the workforce at the north Belfast operation was not under threat.
TeleTech, which employs more than 30,000 people worldwide, has also promised to help people to find work in other call centres in Northern Ireland.