The man was found injured after reports of a fight in Gravesend
|
A post-mortem examination has confirmed a man who died following reports of a fight in Gravesend suffered a fatal stab wound.
The man died in hospital on Thursday night after being found lying wounded in the entrance to a park.
Kent Police had been called to the scene after reports of a fight involving three men, all described as Asian.
Police say the man is expected to be formally identified on Monday.
Death treated as suspicious
Officers were called to Gordon Promenade, off Commercial Road in Gravesend just after 2015 BST, after reports of a fight.
When they arrived they found a man in his 30s lying at the entrance to Gordon Park seriously injured with knife wounds.
He was taken to Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford where police said he died at 2120 BST.
Police have urged any witnesses to contact them.
Detective Chief Inspector Dean Barnes, who is leading the investigation, said: "This happened in broad daylight near a park where families were enjoying a summer's evening.
"We believe this incident must have been witnessed by a number of people and we would urge them to contact the police incident room."