Kevin McLeod: Died in 1997
|
The family of a man who was found dead in Wick harbour are to ask the prime minister to intervene in the case.
Kevin McLeod's death was ruled accidental, but his parents want a fresh investigation because they believe he was murdered.
They are also angry that the former deputy chief constable of Northern Constabulary will not now face a disciplinary hearing into the way he handled the family's complaints.
Kevin, 24, was found to have suffered massive internal injuries when his body was pulled from Wick Harbour in February 1997.
Disciplinary action
A fatal accident inquiry concluded his death was an accident, but his family have never accepted that.
On Friday, they will ask Tony Blair to intervene to reopen inquiries into Kevin's death.
They have already lodged 60 complaints against Northern Constabulary.
Last month the then deputy chief constable Keith Cullen was told he would face disciplinary action over the way he handled those complaints.
But he has since retired, and the police board has ruled he cannot face disciplinary action, even though it says there is a case to answer in respect of allegations.
But the McLeod family still have many questions about Kevin's death.
They say if Tony Blair cannot help, they will take the case to the European Court of Human Rights.