| You are in: UK: N Ireland | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Wednesday, 29 January, 2003, 21:24 GMT
Man dies in stabbing incident
The man's body was found at a house in Bangor
A man has died in a stabbing incident in County Down.
The incident happened at a flat in Dufferin Avenue close to Bangor's town centre. The alarm was raised just after 0300 GMT on Wednesday when police were called to the flat. Inside, they found the body of 60-year-old Thomas Moore, who lived in the house. 'Horrendous crime' He had been stabbed a number of times and a second man was taken to hospital suffering from multiple stab wounds. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening. The police were still questioning a man in connection with the killing on Wednesday night. They do not believe the attack was sectarian. David Pritchard, who lives nearby, said local people were worried by the crime rate in the area. Meanwhile, Women's Coalition assembly member Jane Morrice said the killing was part of an alarming culture of violence in the area. "This is an horrendous crime," she said. |
Top N Ireland stories now:
Links to more N Ireland stories are at the foot of the page.
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Links to more N Ireland stories |
![]() |
||
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To BBC Sport>> | To BBC Weather>> | To BBC World Service>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- © MMIII | News Sources | Privacy |