![]() |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Wednesday, January 6, 1999 Published at 17:56 GMT Entertainment No Star Wars sequels, says Lucas ![]() Star Wars: Only three more to come The force may be with Luke Skywalker, but George Lucas says his is running out.
It had been believed that the complete Star Wars saga would run to nine parts. "I never had a story for the sequels, for the later ones," he told the magazine. "And also, I'll be to a point in my age where to do another trilogy would take 10 years." Lucas, 55, said in the February issue of Vanity Fair that he would "probably not" be open to letting anyone else make Star Wars movies. Inside secrets
He said the Phantom Menace in the title refers to two new characters who are the embodiment of evil: Darth Sidius and his apprentice, Darth Mau. The latter goes up against Ewan McGregor's Ben Kenobi in a fierce battle. Details of the scrolling introduction at the beginning of the film have also been revealed - this time by the website Aint-it-cool-news. The text is reported to begin "Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic.The Taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute... " But fans will have to wait until 21 May, when the movie is released in America, to find out what happens after the title sequence. Episodes II and III are planned for the years 2002 and 2005. |
Entertainment Contents
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||