![]() |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Friday, January 1, 1999 Published at 21:49 GMT Sport Veterans' boxing match cancelled ![]() George Foreman: His brother says the fighter has not been paid A fight between George Foreman and Larry Holmes, scheduled for this month in Houston, has been called off. The two veterans who have a combined age of 98 will no longer fight because their promoter Roger Levitt did not meet the deadline for paying the fighters' purses, according to Mr Foreman's brother Roy. "George says it's off. They were supposed to have the money last week and they didn't have it. George gave them an extra week and they still didn't have it," he said.
But he then indicated he might need another extension. The fight was due to be held in the Houston Astrodome10 days after Mr Foreman's 50th birthday. Mr Holmes turned 49 in November. |
Sport Contents |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||