![]() |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Tuesday, December 29, 1998 Published at 14:43 GMT Entertainment Boyzone break-up denied ![]() Boyzone: Each member is already following his own career path Irish heart-throbs Boyzone have denied newspaper claims they are planning to split up to pursue solo careers. The Daily Star tabloid claimed the group were preparing to split, quoting manager Louis Walsh as saying they would "call it a day" after fulfilling their current record and concert commitments. "We're in our fifth year and we're probably going to get two more out of it," he told the paper. "We have a greatest hits coming out in May and and are planning two new studio albums.
But a spokeswoman for the group said the reports were "just not true". "They're enjoying being Boyzone more than they ever have before," she said. Speculation of a split became rife when band members Ronan Keating, Mikey Graham, Stephen Gately, Keith Duffy and Shane Lynch embarked on an increasing number of solo projects. Ronan Keating has already started a career as a TV presenter this year's Miss World show and 1997's MTV European Music Awards under his belt. He will soon be seen hosting a new talent-spotting show, Get Your Act Together, for BBC One in the New Year. Stephen Gately has plans for a solo career, while Shane Lynch has developed an interest in motorcycle racing. Earlier this month Boyzone swept the board at the recent Smash Hits awards, winning six prizes. Their single No Matter What - written by Lord Lloyd-Webber - was also voted best single of the year in a national phone poll. |
Entertainment Contents
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||