![]() |
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Tuesday, December 22, 1998 Published at 08:44 GMT Entertainment All Saints deny new split stories ![]() Nicole Appleton (far right) insists she isn't quitting All Saints All Saints singer Nicole Appleton has insisted she is definitely not leaving the chart-topping girl group. The group had to release a statement last week following press speculation that they were on the verge of splitting following a series of rows. It said they "needed time to reflect" on their future - but made no specific mention of problems faced by Nicole, 24, or her sister Natalie, plus fellow group members Shaznay Lewis and Melanie Blatt. But now Nicole has released a solo statement to try to stop further rumours about the future of the group. She said: "Following speculation in the media during the last week, I am going on record to tell all our fans that I am not leaving All Saints. "I'm really looking forward to our 1999 UK tour and beginning work on our second album. "Thanks to everyone who has supported us during the year. Lots of love, Nicole." Reports of TV studio row Rumours began after a press report stating Nicole had quit the group following a row at the recording of a BBC Two New Year's Eve special with Jools Holland. She was reported to have fled the show in tears, leading to the group pulling out of the Smash Hits Poll Winners' Party on 13 December. Rumours intensified after Shaznay Lewis and Natalie Appleton went to the US on promotional work without Nicole. Melanie Blatt is resting after the birth to her daughter Ella. Meanwhile, the group's label London Records is denying Nicole ever walked out on the group, though managing director Laurie Cokell admitted to trade magazine Music Week there had been a row. "The girls just need a break," he said. "Given time, I am sure they will hold together." |
Entertainment Contents
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||