Europe South Asia Asia Pacific Americas Middle East Africa BBC Homepage World Service Education



Front Page

World

UK

UK Politics

Business

Sci/Tech

Health

Education

Sport

Entertainment

Talking Point
On Air
Feedback
Low Graphics
Help

Sunday, November 1, 1998 Published at 21:29 GMT


World: Middle East

Report of new Jewish settlement in Hebron


Israeli television has reported that the Prime Minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, has approved the building of two-hundred housing units at a Jewish settlement Qiryat Arbaon the outskirks of Hebron.

The report said the work would start tomorrow The television report said that the new development was a response to the killing of an Israeli guard shot dead last week by suspected Palestinian militants.

There has been no direct word of any new settlement from the Israeli government.

From the newsroom of the BBC World Service



Advanced options | Search tips




Back to top | BBC News Home | BBC Homepage | ©




Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia


In this section

Safety chief deplores crash speculation

Iraq oil-for-food aid extended

Israel demands soccer sex scandal inquiry

Israeli PM's plane in accident

Jordan police stop trades unionists prayers

New Israeli raid in southern Lebanon

New demand over PLO terror list

Earthquake hits Iran

New UN decision on Iraq approved

Algerian president pledges reform