![]() |
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
Thursday, October 29, 1998 Published at 21:25 GMT
Dublin turns down Blackburn ![]() Dublin has become embroiled in a row with Coventry Coventry striker Dion Dublin has turned down a £6.75m move to Blackburn. Aston Villa and Newcastle are both now vying to net the star's signature. Rovers boss Roy Hodgson had warned Dublin that he was not prepared to break the club's wage structure to bring him to Ewood Park.
Marshall also criticised Coventry's decision not to allow his client to speak to clubs other than Blackburn. The club's ban on Dublin speaking to the clubs trying to scupper the proposed move remains in force. Marshall told BBC News 24: "I feel that we have a clause that says if anyone offers £5m they can speak to the player. "We were given permission to speak to Blackburn Rovers on Monday at apparantly a price of £6.75m. "Dion has decided he doesn't want to go and that is that." The Highfield Road club agreed the fee with Blackburn for their captain on Tuesday. Since then Newcastle and Aston Villa have expressed an interest in signing the frontman. Coventry chairman Bryan Richardson said on Tuesday: "The situation is quite clear. We have a written agreement with Blackburn Rovers. We agreed a fee and then gave Dion permission to talk to them. "We have not agreed anything with anyone else and even if Blackburn withdraw we would not allow him to speak to another club until a fee was agreed."
|
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||